Before using this medicine, consult your doctor/Pharmacist if you have a low galactose diet (e.g., a diet that includes few or no milk products), certain other Bowel problem (bowel obstruction). It is contraindicated in Hypersensitivity to the active ingredient.
- Before using lilac syrup, inform your doctor if you have any prevailing medical condition as it might affect the dosage. Also, inform your doctor about your current medication.
- Patients who are lactose intolerant should consult their doctor before using this medicine.
- Diabetic patients should take this medicine with care, as galactose and lactulose may increase blood sugar levels.
- Patients who develop gastrointestinal symptoms (bloating and diarrhea) should be considerate while using this medicine.
- A hypothetical danger may exist for patients treated with lactulose syrup, which might be needed to go through electrocautery strategies during proctoscopy or colonoscopy on the off chance that sugars arrive at the colon; at that point, bacterial breakdown causes hydrogen creation.
- Hydrogen gas can cause explosive reactions; therefore, patients on lactulose treatment must have a thorough bowel cleansing using no fermentable solution. Inform your doctor if your condition worsens.